We are delighted to be partnering with Suited & Booted, a UK registered charity, that helps vulnerable, unemployed and low-income men into employment by providing interview clothing and interview advice.
The first 30 seconds of an interview are crucial as employers make up their minds about potential candidates very quickly. Getting appearance and presentation right are vital to be seriously considered for the job. Suited & Booted provide their clients suitable clothing – perhaps a formal suit or a smart casual style – and then guide them through the process of a job interview. This gives them better prospects of success and contributes to their general self-confidence and self-esteem.
3R Strategy is running a suit drive campaign on behalf of Suited & Booted. Would your employees like to donate clothing and footwear to help individuals increase their chances of a successful outcome in a job interview?
Organise a suit drive with your employees (there is a real need for shoes)
How to do this:
1) Ask your colleagues to bring in donations on a particular day, or throughout a particular period (e.g. Monday–Friday).
Please email us at email@example.com once you have decided on the date of your suit drive.
2) Publicise the suit drive as much as possible in advance e.g. through the intranet, staff meetings and notices, and signage and posters, where possible.
Please let your colleagues know about the work of Suited & Booted in supporting their clients into work. Suited & Booted clients are vulnerable and long-term unemployed (e.g. poorly housed, ex-offenders, ex-military personnel, looked-after children, in recovery from a mental health problem). For more information on Suited & Booted, please go to http://www.suitedbootedcentre.org.uk
We don’t have a budget for dry-cleaning or laundering so we are very appreciative if donations are interview-ready – clean and in good condition and ready to wear.
3) Designate a collection area or areas where colleagues can drop off their donations. Collection boxes and rails may be useful for this.
4) When the suit drive is finished, please email 3R Strategy to let us know when Suited & Booted should expect delivery. Alternatively, 3R Strategy can organise a collection on your chosen day.
Guidelines for donations
Suited & Booted don’t have a budget for cleaning, we are very grateful if clothing is dry-cleaned or freshly laundered and ironed.
What is needed:
- Men’s suits
- Pocket Handkerchiefs
- Coats and warm jackets for winter, and hats
- Additionally, we are very grateful for:
- Suit bags
- New socks and underwear
If you’d like to find out more, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org