Equal pay is a legal obligation and can be a significant and costly risk for an organisation. Whether you pay for performance or contribution / skills development, how do you ensure that your pay and bonus schemes are not discriminatory?
An equal pay audit will identify any potential risks and ensure that your pay practices are fair and meet the requirement of the Equality Act 2010.
The five steps in an equal pay audit process:
- Decide the scope of the audit
- Determine where people are doing equal work
- Collect and compare pay data
- Establish the causes and justification for significant pay gaps
- Develop an equal pay action plan